Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

Hi Susan. I was banned for 20 months. Long story!!!! I have

Hi Susan. I was banned for 20 months. Long story!!!! I have to go for a DVLA medical and I have read all I can about CDT. My question is, at present I am abstaining from all alcohol until my medical is done even alcohol in cooking! Do you think that my blood test result will be OK? So far it has been 2weeks. Before this I was in Spain for a month where I drank everyday. I intend to book my medical after at least 4weeks abstaining. What do you think! I will be most appreciative of your answer. Tony.
Thank you for your question:

I am a medical review physician (MRO) - a physician with specialized training in the interpretation of drug tests.

The CDT test should be back to normal within approximately 2 - 4 weeks, although with heavier use there are reports of tests being positive for up to 6 weeks.