Dr.Israr, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS

Hi. I am on my period. I just had put in a tampon, when I started

Hi. I am on my period. I just had put in a tampon, when I started feeling a bit weird. Now, I feel a bit lightheaded, my face feels a bit numb, shaking, and just don't feel well. I am afriad of the shock syndrome that it says on the tampon box. I dont know what to do. Please help

Sorry for your problem.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following:

Can you check your blood pressure now?

Any associated history of fever?

Any rash on any part of body?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No rash that I can see. No history off fever. My pulse was 85 beats a minute

Can you check your blood pressure?

Any history of vomiting or diarrhea?

Any history of stress in your life?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have anxiety- I am going to go see someone about that. I do not know how to check my blood pressure. I have diarreha but thats because i always get it the first day of my period, its normal for me

OK and thanks for your input.

Based on the informations provided, your current symptoms don't fit with toxic shock syndrome. They more fit with anxiety. However if you start developing fever or vomiting or rash on any part of the body, it would require urgent visit to ER for the treatment.

Thanks and do let me know if you need further informations regarding this issue.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I thought lightheadedness does, which I have.

Lightheadedness does occur in toxic shock syndrome but diagnosis cannot be made on the basis of one symptom instead set of symptoms combine to diagnose a disease. Other important and earliest symptoms of toxic shock syndrome are absent. So currently you are not having toxic shock syndrome for sure.Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you sure? My head just feels extremly heavy and I am just very worried it could be something else.

OK. I am sorry for your problem. It would be wise to visit ER for evaluation physically as you are having persistent headache and heaviness. Your blood pressure should also be check. As low blood pressure can cause such headache and heaviness. Toxic shock syndrome can be possibility if you are having fever and rash as well.