Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

I have an 8 year old daughter and for about a month off and

I have an 8 year old daughter and for about a month off and on she will vomit for
Several hours through the night then wake up feeling fine. She threw up so bad 2 weeks ago she busted blood vessels under her eye from dry heaving. It lasted for about 4 hours. Last night she started vomiting again about the same time 4 in the morning again lasting for a couple hours then when she wakes up she is fine. Her bowels
Are moving good and doesn't really complain except her stomach doesn't feel right then she starts vomiting. I am so scared that this could be something serious. I have taken her to the doctor and they always just a virus. I have a hard time believing that seeing how often it happens.

Thank you for your question,

I’m Dr. Saha and I’ll try to help you.

How frequently does she have the episodes?

Is there any pain in stomach?

How is urine?

Did she have any test?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It happens about every 2 weeks. It has been going on for about a month to a month and a half. She complains very little about pain but just says her stomach doesn't feel right then shortly after starts vomiting for 3-4 hours. Then goes to sleep and wakes up feeling fine and ready to go. Like nothing happened. I haven't checked her urine. No tests were ran.
Thank you Tayra, for the information,

Common causes of vomiting are an infection, indigestion.

Viral infection is a common cause.

Often infection is associated with other symptoms like fever, diarrhea.

However, when it repeating for so long, she needs an evaluation again.

Reflux, hepatitis, urine infection etc can be associated with vomiting. Non abdomen issues can also cause vomiting.

Reflux can occur during sleep.

Urine infection may be associated with few urinary symptoms in young child.

A few simple tests can be considered like urine analysis, blood metabolic panel, abdominal ultrasound, if her doctor feels necessary.

If no apparent cause is there then it can be cyclical vomiting where the cause is not clear.

A few triggers like cold, infection, allergy, weather change, food like cheese, chocolate or overeating, eating soon before bed time, stress etc. can precipitate the symptoms.

Please try to avoid giving chocolate, cheese now if she takes any.

She should take food at least 2 hours before going to bed.

I hope this information helps.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent. If you want to click poor or bad service, please stop & feel free to reply & ask till you are satisfied.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification. I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What should I do to check for your urine? What exactly am I looking for? If it's bright yellow or clear what would that point to? Also how do you acquire hepatitis? We are on vacation now until next Saturday what would you recommend I do until we et home or should I take her to the doctor here?
When did you go on vacation?

How is the food there?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Panama city Florida we come here at least twice a year. Food is great . She is a very healthy water she won't eat any meat other than fish or chicken. She eats a lot
Of fruit blueberries, apples, blackberries, etc. she will occasionally eat a raw oyster (ugh) with her daddy. She ate clam
Chowder with me last night and one piece of fried shrimp and one oyster she didn't eat anything different than the rest of us. We got here last Wednesday night.
You need to watch whether she is having more than normal frequency of urine, any burning, excessive yellow color or any blood in it.

There are different types of hepatitis, common one is acquired through contaminated food & drink. In hepatitis, the color of the white portion of eyes would be yellow, urine will be darker.

You can avoid giving her shrimp as it is often a cause of allergy.

Also please avoid raw food as it can cause indigestion.

You can now observe her. If the symptoms get worse & more frequent, then please get her checked by doctor locally.

Otherwise, take her to doctor after vacation.