Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

Hello: My husband has been having liquid stool all day and

Hello: My husband has been having liquid stool all day and has not ever been able to make it to the bathroom. He has messed several pairs of underwear and underpads ("Chux") and pants...not to mention the mess all down his legs and delicate parts. He has tried Pepto Bismol chewables to help with diarrhea, and they don't seem to be working. It has been exhausting for both of us (he is also an amputee and needs quite a bit of assistance). What can we do to help make the BM much more solid or cope with this liquefied stool? Also, something fast!!!!

Hello

Sorry for your husband issue.

In order to help you find an answer, could you please answer following:

Since how long he is having this issue?

Any history of passage of blood in diarrhea?

Any associated history of vomiting?

Did his stool examination done?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The liquid stool happened for 2 weeks in Feb 2012 while in the hospital. Recently, just happened again today. In the past (almost a year ago) he has had liquid stool with blood, although no blood presently. No vomiting. Don't understand your question of "Did his stool examination done?"

Hello
have you tried imodium?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have not tried Imodium. How quickly will this work? He is going about every 2 hours and it is all liquid (not just loose diarrhea). Has yet to make it to the bathroom :(

It will work within 30min to 1 hour.
It is the best over the counter medication there is.
If this does not work and if he has any weakness, etc, then take him to the ER for hydration.

I hope that this helped

please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained