Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

my girlfriend, an otherwise healthy 64 yr old woman, was diagnosed

my girlfriend, an otherwise healthy 64 yr old woman, was diagnosed last year with Parkinsonism, and a regimen for relief has yet to be completely worked out.

She's since started complaining of what feels like a steel girdle around her abdomen, extreme sensitivity to being touched in the front diaphragm area, gets worse in the evening.

She's had the expected variety of scans with no further diagnosis, everything on images seems clean. Any thoughts, Dr.?
If the abdominal ultrasound/CT abdomen appears normal possible differential diagnosis include

Intestinal Colic.
Irritable bowel syndrome.

But these are usually diagnosis of exclusion and are considered if the investigations are normal.

A visit to a gasteroenterologist may be considered.
Upper GI endoscopy/Colonoscopy may also be advised to rule out intestinal pathology.

Dietary measures may include
Avoid eating foods high in unabsorbable carbohydrates.
Choose foods that contain carbohydrates that are easy to digest. These include:
Potatoes,rice,lettuce,bananas,grapes,citrus fruits such as oranges,yogurt

When eating, make sure you chew food slowly to reduce the amount of air you are swallowing. This will also help with digestion.
I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I forgot to mention that she does have chronic constipation, and has been [prescribed several prescription as well as over the counter laxatives. Only things that have given relief to that have been Milk Of Magnesia, and Magnesium Citrate.

Well constipation in itself can manifest as symptoms she describe.
If investigations are normal i would think these symptoms are functional in nature.
Her constipations should be treated properly with fibre supplements.
In case of severe constipation she may require enema.
Exercise can help in patients with constipation.
Green Peas should be added to the diet.
Drink Plenty of water.

I hope this helps