Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained

i have a weird, metalic like taste in my mouth for like 2 hours.

i have a weird, metalic like taste in my mouth for like 2 hours. its on the left side of my tongue. im also worried about cancer. can anyone talk to me?
any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well, ive been worried about pancreatic cancer for the last 6 months. i finally started feeling better, but now im back to panic. had a CT scan first week of sept and it came back all good, not convinced. i lost 15 pounds in three months on a low carb diet....went back to carbs last month, not losing weight anymore but ive only gained like three pounds since going back on carbs.

have you had a cold recently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a cold? i felt like i had a cold coming on earlier in the week, so i started taking something. i feel better now.

Metallic taste in the mouth is not related to cancer.
The vast majority of cases are from viral illnesses, because the virus can affect some of the cells which transmit smell to the brain- when this is affected, you can get a strange taste- metallic is common.
This resolves over time, about a week or so.

I hope that this helped.

please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just to put my other concerns to rest. its going to take time to put weight back on if i wanted to right? going for low carbs back to carbs?

yes. start slowly- if you have been on low carb, take it slow... :-)