Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Doctor so how much baking soda do I put in water and cold water

Doctor so how much baking soda do I put in water and cold water or room temp water? How much should I drink and how often do I do drink it? Should I start a regimen of Zantac again for several days someone told me to chew up 4 tums every night for 7 days.
Restart the Zantac and forego the TUMS. A tablespoon of baking soda in half a glass of cold water and you can take that every two hours as needed
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I take the Zantac again?
Twice a day--before breakfast in the morning and after dinner at night
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And still take the baking soda.?
Yes--whenever you need to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So can I eat like dehydrated apples or any fruit or what kind of foods can I eat?
Just stay away from citrus fruits like oranges and from fried and spicy foods
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Soda and Zantac working. Does the soda Give u diarrhea? Can I drink tart cherry juice for sleeping ?
No it won't give you diarrhea and OK on the cherry juice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have had diarrhea 3 times now this morning.....should I take something for that or let it run its course? Wonder would have caused that? I had Mexican food on Wednesday and that night I started having mild heartburn and didn't take anything and woke up with it bad yesterday. I am drinking some water now and I ate two soft scrambled eggs was this okay? One more thing am I safe to take all of my vitamins including two chewable vitamin c?
The eggs were fine and let the diarrhea run its course. All the vitamins are OK
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will the baking soda make your blood pressure go up? Or can it cause any other medical problems?
No--it just stays in your GI tract and runs through
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
And the baking soda can it cause kidney stones?Doctor how many days for the regimen of Zantac twice a day?
No the baking soda doesn't cause kidney stones and one week of the Zantac
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor, I can't get the doctor office to call me bak.
I called this morning and left a message asking if they could do a EKG to make sure I am not having any problems because I have been having heart burn they do this test in their office no phone call back. The call was at 8:00 this morning and its after 12:00 now how rude. If you think it is just heart burn I won't worry about this and I will just try to make it better. I will do everything you tell me to doctor.
Sonja--this isn't your heart so don't worry about that
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you doctor. I am grateful for your expertise and you always have a way with making me feel more at ease with issues I am having.I guess the only thing that bothers me is why can't I get the heartburn to go away all together? Question for you what is that I need to do to get the heartburn back like this? Do I need to be on a certain diet? BTW I love your poise as a doctor and knowledge and patience you are a rare gem we need more of you doctor to share around the world!!!!!! I hope you are feeling well.
For now you need to avoid the fried, spicy, and acidic foods
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Doctor is Perrier water good for heart burn?
Not if it's carbonated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Carbonation is not good for heartburn right?
No--carbon dioxide increases stomach acid
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your time today and hopefully I can speak to you again tonight to let you know how the day went before I go to bed. What time will be online tonight ? Again I so ever grateful for your wonderful expertise and making me feel at ease about this. I am not as stressed as we was now that I have talked to you.
I'll be on about 9:00 Eastern time tonight
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are u two hours or 3 hours ahead of California time?
Three hours--right now it's 4:10 here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is 4:00 here and I am feeling ok. The one tablespoon of baking soda and water so far has done pretty good. I feel the burning but its not bad so I won't take anymore unless I have to. And no more diarreah either. I ate mash potatoes tonight and a few glasses of water.Doctor can I eat cottage cheese and peaches? I took a teaspoon of soda before bed.I had a good night sleep and took another Zantac this morning I still have the heart burn its like it was all day yesterday not real bad but its there.
So sorry--my computer froze over the weekend--let me know when you're back on
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am back on now. I am feeling pretty good. Although once in a while I can feel the heartburn especially if I am getting stressed out. Can I drink coconut water? I have had to only use the baking soda twice.

Coconut water is fine and very good. Is there anything more we need to discuss on this page?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I guess not I will close it

Sorry for all the interruptions, but I'm back to being fit and I won't be off an on like before