Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

Im a 52 year old woman and I can feel blood pumping in my

I'm a 52 year old woman and I can feel blood pumping in my groin area. Is that normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 11 months ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Can you please explain in little more detail, about your problem.
Do you have associated pain/ swelling on groin?
Have you noticed any lump in groin, which disappear when you lay down?
Any investigations so far?
Any other health or medical problems?

Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I don't have any pain on my groin and I'm not sure if I'm swollen or not.

Thanks for all these additional details.
I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, it could be femoral artery, which you are feeling and
your pulse of blood that is surging through the artery.
It could be bruit in your femoral artery.

This may be due to a plaque in the artery. It occurs when fat, cholesterol, and other substances build up in the walls of arteries and form hard structures .You may need a vascular ultrasound for precise diagnosis.

Your doctor may suggest taking aspirin or another medicine to prevent blood clots from forming in your arteries.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years