Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

I arrived in Ky frm Va with scripts for: propranolol 10mg (for

I arrived in Ky frm Va with scripts for: propranolol 10mg (for parkanses like symptoms and a heart beat skipping som), a scrip for klopin .5mg x2/day for seizures, a babatol,asprin,caffeine combo 2/day for chronic documented migrain and daily headach disorder. Also I had 100mg of amitriptyline prescribed for stabalizing sleep patterns and trazodone 70mg as needed. The first doctor I saw doubled the klonopin without telling me and halved the amitriptyline cause she hates it. She worked on he computer the entire first visit an did not glance at me then left the room. The second appt she told me I was definately mentally ill because I took these meds. Choosing to halve the clonopin after my first unaware month I had chosen not to tell her of this mistake. Shortly after this last appt i receive a call telling me to come NOW for a randon drug screening For klonopin.. It upset me. She dropped me that day. Hey we lived here in ky only a month I have zero idea of this and signed nothing nor was i informed. Am I mentally ill because I take these or did..lol
Category: Health
Expert:  Chris C. replied 11 months ago.

Chris C. :

Taking this combination of medications would not diagnose someone as mentally ill. Fiorinal (the migraine combo) is used my many people as well as the klonopin, elavil, trazodone, and others. These are very useful for MANY conditions and someone taking them is never labelled automatically as being mentally ill. There must be more to the story like past medical records or other information. Taking klonopin levels all of a sudden is very odd as well. I'm not sure who you went to see but this whole situation is highly irregular. I suggest you see someone else if this is the only time this type of problem has happened. If you have had similar experiences in the past then there must be more to the story.

Customer:

Yes thid is the only time this type of situation has happened...it's a slippery slope to have cronc migraine since age 4 (artifact od cerebral hemorrhage) is in my head. But, not this impersoonal crap. The naziesk quality of the communication to come for my random drug screening....I had never heard of such a thing unless one was enrolled in pain mngtmnt which I declined and was not told of any further drug testing. Dr. Allison Ford, Murray ,Ky walked out with her head in her computer as she had walked in. I did cry a bit on that last appoint when I finnally got to tell her what was really making me sick. Candida overgrowth had about cauused my death from cancer treatment and I am very interested in getting my immune health back. She looked at my bag of probiotics iron b12 and heard my teatimony that for thr last yr I had been eating 70% from the rainbow and 30% protien. THEN she said "but my job is to fine the underlying cause of this alledged canida overgrowth." Tears rolled down my face and I was grateful. The she said come back in 3 months and we will take blood and left. The orders to get that urine test for the very drug she over prescribed came shortly after that second visit where she had given me another script for 1Mg klopin x2/day. I just moved to this state and this town. I am very freaked out.

Customer:

I am a Veteran and so is my husband. We have Tricare Standad insurance and we are not on any kind of subsistance.

Chris C. :

I understand your concerns. Although I cannot give out any information I am located a couple of hours from you and am familiar with Murray. There are numerous quality doctors there and I would simply switch to another. You should be able to search your insurance carrier for providers and simply switch. Random drug testing in a standard doctors office is highly unusual unless it is pain medication. If you are having these issues with a first visit the situation will only get worse on future visits since this poor foundation has been set. It is best to cut your losses and switch to a provider you can work with and feel safe that they are doing what is best for your health.

Chris C., Nurse
Experience: Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.