Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a 19 year old Pop recording

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a 19 year old Pop recording artist. I am going to LA on the weekend to record a new album. My recording session begins on Monday, and I will be singing for three straight days from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.

I am just getting over a sore throat / flu and I want my cords to be in the best shape possible before my recording session begins. I was just wondering if you could provide me with some information that can help me keep my vocal cords 100 % healthy to record for that length of time. Specifically,

A) Is there any type of cream that I can put on my throat to keep my cords moist?

B) What fluids should I be drinking and what fluids should I be staying away from?

C) I struggle with acid reflux and my doctor has prescribed me Nexium for when my reflux is at its worst. Do you suggest that I take this pill before I record?

D) Is there any other information that you could provide me?

Thank you so very much for all of your help. I really appreciate it!

Dr. Hasan :

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today. I will be happy to help you with your follow-up questions also.

Dr. Hasan :

I am an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist and will be addressing your concerns separately.

Dr. Hasan :

Dr. Hasan :

No there is no such cream because no cream can reach vocal cords. However you can take steam inhalation with menthol drops twice daily to keep your respiratory tract and vocal cords moist.

Customer:

Hello Dr. Hasan! Thank you very much for responding.

Dr. Hasan :

:) welcome

Dr. Hasan :

Dr. Hasan :

You should drink hot drinks. Stay away from cold drinks. Make sure not to drink tea or coffee because they can make your reflux worse.

Dr. Hasan :

However green tea would be best.

Dr. Hasan :

Dr. Hasan :

It will be of no use to take it before recording and you should just take it as you routinely do. However OTC tab claritin can help you.

Dr. Hasan :

Dr. Hasan :

Yes observe voice rest. Don't shout , don't whisper either because whisper is even worse for your vocal cords. Just talk when required.

Dr. Hasan :

I am hopeful that you will rock :)

Dr. Hasan :

Any questions?

Customer:

Thank you very much! :) Regarding the beverages, what about sports drinks such as Powerade and Gatorade? Should I stay away from those as well?

Dr. Hasan :

No you can take them but must be at room temperature.

Dr. Hasan :

You are always welcome.

Dr. Hasan :

Anything else you want to ask?

Customer:

No thank you, XXXXX XXXXX all my questions perfectly. Thanks again! You've been a great help, I really appreciate it. :)

Dr. Hasan :

I am glad to hear this.

Dr. Hasan :

Have a good day.

Dr. Hasan :

I wish you good luck for the recording, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more till you are satisfied, You can click the smiley to rate the answer. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always.

Customer:

You too!

Dr. Hasan :

:)

Customer:

Thank you so much! :)

Dr. Hasan :

Most welcome

Dr. Hasan :

Hi Jenn, How was your recording? Is there anything i can help you with? Regards