Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Hello again Dr.josh sir you remember the dry blood spot

Hello again Dr.josh

sir you remember the dry blood spot incident in hotel which i scrapped with my finger nail , ? it is still in my mind ... because when i scrapped the blood spot the visible particle might went below my nail and when i was playing with my pimple it reaches the blood stream or when i was touching my eyes? is it possible? i dont know whats wrong with me but every day i keep thinking that the blood could be fresher than 16 hours and as i heard hep c can survive for 4 days? so what do you think? it killing me from inside dr

Hello Amir,
Dr. Josh is offline. I am Dr. Arun and If you wish, I can help you. I have seen your previous interactions / threads with Dr. Josh.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello you know the story what do u think

one more question: what does

hcv ab elisa not detected mean?

Hello Amir,

Hcv Ab Elisa not detected means one is negative for Hepatitis C.

The hepatitis C transmission is unlikely by your description because;

1) The dried blood on bed sheet will have far lesser time for Hepatitis C virus to survive.

2) Secondly scraping the pimple is quite unlikely to transmit the virus. This is unlikely way of transmission of Hepatitis C.

3) Lastly there is an assumption that blood on bed sheet had hepatitis C virus. This may not have any kind of virus on this blood stain on the bed sheet. So a wrong assumption is unnecessary causing anxiety.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sir even if the visible particles were stuck under my nail and then i scratched my self ? So sorry im ver paranoid and i know it but i just want it to be off my mind

I would not be worried at all for the Hepatitis C transmission with your description. This is unlikely way of getting an infection. Please relax.