Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM

If I wanted to get my ovaries, fallopian tubes and endrometrial

If I wanted to get my ovaries, fallopian tubes and endrometrial lining removed, would I have to get a hysterectomy as well? I don't want to lose the ability to orgasm deeply like that, but I have a huge amount of bleeding, hormonal and general issues with my reproductive tract. Can the cervix be removed as well?

Partial hysterectomy – the uterus is removed, but the cervix may be left in place.
Usually if ovaries are removed the patient may require a long term treatment with hormone replacement therapy.

Endometrial ablation is a medical procedure that is used to remove the endometrial lining of a uterus. This technique is most often employed for people who suffer from excessive or prolonged bleeding during their menstrual cycle but cannot or do not wish to undergo a hysterectomy.

I hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou, though are there any health complications for keeping the uterus and removing the ovaries? I keep reading that it can lead to buildup in the uterus with the hormones no longer flushing out the lining during menstruation, which was why I though the ablation would help. I'm also curious as to whether going on HRT for transitioning will help compensate for the hormone imbalance from the loss of the ovaries, or would I need a more specialised hormonal treatment?

Removing the ovaries will result in lack of hormones and result in premature menopause/Surgical menopause.You will need synthetic hormones in the form of Long Term HRT.

Long-term hormone replacement therapy is associated with risk of breast cancer.
Your doctor may want to save the ovaries and uterus and do a procedure like endometerial ablation/ Uterine Balloon Therapy.

I hope this helps