Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

My daughter who is 5 has been complaining of feeling stuff

My daughter who is 5 has been complaining of feeling stuff dripping in her throat and she has vomited a few times recently but only after lying down for a while to go to sleep. She has also been flucuationg between solid and loose stools. Can this all be caused by post nasal trip. She also has a swollen gland on her neck.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Is she having cough or running nose?
Since how long he has been suffering with this problem?
Is she accepting fluids?
Fever?
Any other health or medical problems?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No cough and an occasional runny nose. She has had it going on about 10 days now but not vomiting every night. She had a fever almost three weeks ago and we went to Dr and they found nothing and it went away after two days on its own. She is drinking fluids and is now wanting to eat but just not as much as she usually consumes.

Thanks for all these additional details.

Well, there is some underlying medical issue, and it has to be evaluated by doctor.

It can be due to Sinus infection or sinusitis (inflammation of the sinuses).
Also, Changing weather fronts, cold temperatures, or excess dryness in the air may cause such symptoms. And Certain foods (like spicy foods can trigger mucus flow).

Allergies (called allergic postnasal drip)have to be checked by doctor.

Swollen gland on neck, can occur after a viral flu, or it can occur with underlying inflammatory condition.

She needs to have a correct diagnosis with a detailed ear, nose, and throat examination.
If there is underlying Bacterial infections, then they are treated with antibiotics. For allergic condition, she may require Antihistamines.

You should elevate the head of the bed six to eight inches, avoid foods and liquids for two to three hours before bedtime.

I would recommend, that she should be seen by Pediatrician for clinical evaluation, and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business