A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I just lost my virginity 3 days ago and my boyfriend and I

I just lost my virginity 3 days ago and my boyfriend and I didn't use protection and he didn't came but he might have pre ejaculated. On the third day I started spotting a little but my period isn't due until a week from now. Should I be worried about being pregnant?
When was your last menstrual period?
Are your periods regular?
Pain abdomen?

It's my first priority to serve you.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr. Kumar,

My last menstrual cycle was from September 20 to the 24. My periods are usually regular. I do not have pain in my abdomen, no nausea or vomiting. Should I in any way be considering taking the Plan B one step?

Thank you.

Pre-ejaculate ( pre-cum)can have some sperms.
So yes if there were some precum ejaculated inside the vagina there are some chances of pregnancy.
Plan B is usually taken within 72 hours after unprotected sex and 1 more white pill 12 hours later.
So if you had a history of unprotected sex with precum released you should consider PLAN B.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Kumar,

I have no repeated history of unprotected sex. What are the chances, seeing as how I just losing my virginity and possible release of precum, of me being pregnant?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I need an immediate answer and the Dr. I was assigned to may have been online. So my question wasn't answered.
I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Let me at the outset tell you that though your boy friend did not ejaculate in to you, still it would be considered as unprotected sex. There is a very low possibility of pregnancy with this but the recommendations are to take Plan B to prevent pregnancy.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Phophalia.

I have no further questions as of now but if I do have questions about this topic can I send you a reply later on?

Yes, sure, you can follow up anytime later, even after rating the answer.

A positive rating would be appreciated as this is the only way we are credited and compensated for time and expertize.

Thank you.

Best wishes and kindest regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Dr. Phophalia

I will definitely rate the answer.

You are most welcome.

Good luck.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Phophalia,

On Sunday (10/6/2013) was when I had unprotected sex it was my very first time having sex, but this week I've experienced:

• depression
  • anxiety
  • change in sleep pattern
  • a white creamy vaginal discharge (started yesterday hasn't happened today)
  • very mildly tender nipples (started yesterday)
  • cramping in the morning but leaves during the day and comes back weakly at night (started yesterday)
  • loss of appetite (eating two times a day max)
  • withdraw socially
  • trouble concentrating (started yesterday)
  • constant burping (later on in the day)
  • diarrhea (happened only two times)
  • And fatigue, tiredness (but I sleep very late)

My period is due next week Friday ( 10/18/2013) according to my period tracker. Am I experiencing PMS or early pregnancy symptoms?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Other. The Dr. was probably offline?

Answers provided are for informational use only and don't confer patient-provider relationship. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to help you.

You are indeed probably experiencing a combination of PMS and just normal worry about being pregnant. Early pregnancy symptoms do not begin until you miss a period.

Did you take Plan B? That can also upset your normal schedule for as much as 2-3 months afterward.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not take plan B. I didn't take it into consideration until it was late to take it. My boyfriend didn't came but he might have pre cum and because it was my first time a previous doctor said the chances of pregnancy are very slim. Do you agree with that?

Yes, the chances are small with pre-ejaculate, still it only takes one sperm to cause a pregnancy. The odds are much lower since he did not ejaculate inside you. One misconception I hear a lot is that one cannot get pregnant with the first act of intercourse. That isn't true and there are many mothers around to prove the fact.

I would try not to worry about the situation. Yes, I know that is difficultWink, but do try. If you and your boyfriend are going to continue to be sexually active, you may want to consider birth control so you don't need to worry about pregnancy in the future.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because of my worry, I bought condoms the next day and I'm planning a visit to the OB GYN to get birth control.

Dr. Schuyler you've been a great help.

Thank you very much.

That's a great plan showing much good sense and maturity. Good luck with whatever you do in life!

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist