Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Woken up with severe abdominal pain two days ago. Next day

Woken up with severe abdominal pain two days ago. Next day was a dull aching pain in lower abdominal. Today is on and off severe abdominal pain- almost feels like contractions. Started my menstrual cycle today. Never had this before. I am 36 with 4 children. 5'8 and 135 pounds. Urine on day one was dark brown color. Ibibropen works temporarily then severe pain comes back. I can't be seen by my doctor until a week from now. Close to going to ER bc pain is so bad
Hi--where exactly is the pain located and any fever, change in bowel movements or nausea?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The pain is lower middle abdominal area. Feels like pressure and pain. Just under the belly button. I have slight pain in lower back that comes and goes. Having diarrhea. Chills and fever the first night.
OK--at first I thought this might be a ruptured ovarian cyst but now I think that isn't likely. With the diarrhea this could be an infectious gastroenteritis as with E coli or salmonella, but this could also be pancreatitis or potentially even appendicitis. I wish I didn't have to tell you this but what you've told me obligates me to tell you you need to be seen as soon as possible--either urgent care or the ER