Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

I have bruising (about 2cm in diameter) at top of arm - in

I have bruising (about 2cm in diameter) at top of arm - in line with armpit crease. This appeared morning after workout. Is this a bicep, pectoral or rotator cuff injury? What would be the best form of rehab, and what could have caused it?
Hi--any pain or a lump there? Is this between your arm and the upper chest?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dr,

Pain only only on compression of the bruise. No swelling but I have noticed that if I press on the bruise there is a small seed-sized-lump (about 1 mm) that can be moved side to side...strange

OK--this sounds like the lateral extension of the pectoralis Rich. You probably just tore a small part of the muscle and there's a small hematoma--little lake of blood there. Nothing serious--ice and ibuprofen for now and lay off any exercises that tense the pecs for about a week and all should be well