Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

Is the cooked chicXXXXX XXXXXver healthy food? Is it high in ch

Is the cooked chicXXXXX XXXXXver healthy food? Is it high in cholesterol?
Cooked chicXXXXX XXXXXver is healthy and rich in proteins,Vitamin A,Iron however it contains Cholesterol as well.

A 1-ounce serving of cooked chicXXXXX XXXXXvers contain
-45 calories
-1 gram of fat,
-7 grams of protein.
- 75% Vitamin A
-18% Iron
-158 to 180 milligrams of cholesterol, over half the daily recommended intake for a typical diet.
Additionally, if you cook your chicXXXXX XXXXXvers in oil, you must account for the added calories and fat in the oil.

When cooking, choose to bake, broil, grill or poach your protein rather than fry it.
Don't use butter and high-fat sauces when preparing chicXXXXX XXXXXver, and limit salt seasoning.

Hope this helps.
Please press reply button if you have any follow-up query.
Positive feedback and bonus are highly appreciated.
Thanks dear.
Good Luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for great response. My cholesterol level is high, but I am taking 5 mg cholesterol and its normal. In such case can I eat boiled liver (chicken; beef etc), as I love it a lot:)

As soon as i see your high knowledge, I want to ask you, if I can eat wit my condition (only high cholesterol if not take 5 mg christor..):

- various fish (fried and grilled)..any fish increase high cholesterol?

- beef kidney (boiled)

- eggs (boiled and fried)

Thanks for the follow-up.
You can take boiled liver(chicken,beef) and beef kidney few servings a week rather than consider it on a daily basis.
Also eat heart-healthy fish at least twice a week.
Fish can be a good alternative to high-fat meats.
Cod, tuna and halibut, for example, have less total fat, saturated fat and cholesterol than do meat and poultry.
Fish such as salmon, mackerel and herring are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which promote heart health by lowering blood fats called triglycerides. However, avoid fried fish and fish with high levels of mercury, such as tilefish, swordfish and king mackerel.

You shouldn't stop eating animal products completely if you have high cholesterol.
Instead of eating organ meats and fatty meats, choose lean cuts of meat, such as skinless chicken.
Lean red meat such as extra-lean hamburger, pork tenderloin, round steak and sirloin tip are also good choices.

Eat only two servings of egg yolk a week and prefer boiled egg.
You should consider other cholesterol lowering diet,please go through following link-
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002

Drink plenty of fluids.

And it's advised to undergo Fasting lipid panel every 3 months.
If your cholesterol remains still high then cholesterol lowering medicine should be advised.

Hope this helps.
Thanks dear.
Good Luck.