Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi I have really bad stomach pains and need to got to the

Hi
I have really bad stomach pains and need to got to the toilet (number 2s) alot. Also if pressure is applied to my belly I feel like being sick, most days I am sick, also I ride a motorbike and the slightish bump in the road kills my stomach. I am always feeling sweaty and hot. I have been to the doctors for blood and stool test. I have to go for a scan as blood test shower liver problems. The stool sample had a infection which I recieved 3 sets of anti-biotics for, this has not worked, made it worst. He has now given me IBS tablets which are making the pain worst rather than better and going to the toilet more. I am now having little faith in my doctor as he asked me what do I think should happen and asked for my opinion on whats wrong with me. Could someone give me advice on what is wrong? Please

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any tests like Ultrasound/CT of the abdomen done? Colonoscopy?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please type your response and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send your message.

Customer:

I am booked in for a ultrasound end of the month, but the pain is killing me at the min. I went back to the doctors last night and he gave me IBS tablets again, which make the problem worst rather than better which I have told him this.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well, it cannot be said to be IBS without further testing

Dr. P. Jyoti :

a number of conditions could cause this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

diverticulitis, adhesions and intussesception are three important causes to rule out

Dr. P. Jyoti :

infections by bacteria or viruses also need to be ruled out

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ischemia of intestines, torsion of intestines also need to be ruled out

Dr. P. Jyoti :

an Ultrasound or CT of the abdomen is necessary for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

colonoscopy may also be required for diagnosing diverticulitis and other possibilities

Dr. P. Jyoti :

i would advise:

Dr. P. Jyoti :

go to your doctor again and discuss about the following possibilities: diverticulitis, adhesion, intussusception, torsion, ischemia

Dr. P. Jyoti :

protozoal infections

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask about the possibilities for these conditions

Dr. P. Jyoti :

of course you may not be having any of these, but an Ultrasound is a must to rule these out

Dr. P. Jyoti :

copy paste these differentials and print out and show your doctor

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will help you to come to a diagnosis

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello do you have any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.
Thanks.

Hello Karl,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.