Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I currently have an on-x prosthetic aortic heart valve and

I currently have an on-x prosthetic aortic heart valve and I am also on 5mgs of coumadin daily. Would it effect either of these to take hgh.
Welcome and thanks for your question I am Dr. German I would be here to help you and give you all the assistance you need until you are satisfied, Human Growth hormone will not have any effect or interact with Coumadin or the prosthetic aortic valve material itself.

However, I need to point out human growth hormone could produce several side effects like swelling ,muscle pain, joint pain and breast development or enlargement specially in older men. It could also produce or worsen heart disease and diabetes( this hormone decreases liver glucose uptake, increasing your glucose blood levels). Human Growth Hormone can produce heart muscle enlargement, decreasing the level of blood your heart receives and pumps out. Like you already have a prosthetic heart valve specially if your heart function is already compromised, taking Human Growth Hormone is not recommended.

The supplements over the counter are not FDA approved and there is not proof they really contain Human Growth Hormone.

With a healthy diet and a good exercise plan, You could achieve the same benefits and avoid all the potential complication this hormone produces.

If you need any additional information I will be happy to continue further and assist you until you are completely satisfied . Good luck to you and have a good day !

Please leave a positive feedback ( click on excellent or good service ) if you are satisfied with my answer.