Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

While on vacation with my husband, we had several times

While on vacation with my husband, we had sex several times using a condom as protection. I started my period at the exact same time (about a week earlier than expected). It was a full 7 day heavy period. Looking at the calendar, if I counted my period start date as Day 1, I am now at 40 days without a period. Could I be pregnant? Is the timing of that possible?
Welcome back to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am Dr.Robert & will do my best to answer & solve your problem.

There is very slim chance that you can be pregnant.

Firstly as your husband has used condom & it was a protected sex,so the chances of pregnancy are very low.

Secondilly,a woman is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.There is very low chance of getting pregnancy if sex is done just before the periods or during periods.

But in females cycle there is no predictable time during the month when the chances of pregnancy can be said to be absent.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that there is very slim chance that you can get pregnant this way.

There can be other reasons of delayed/missed period:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

If you have missed periods/irregular periods for 3 or more cycles,then you need to consult your gyne doctor for tests & examination to know the underlying cause & hence the treatment accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks it seemed very unlikely, but I have never missed a period before so I was a little concerned.

Dear Customer,
Thank you for asking follow up question.

Yes,I can understand your concern as you have never missed a period earlier.

But the chances of pregnancy here are very slim only.To put your mind on ease,you can have a pregnancy test.The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.

Hope this helped.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Hi JA customer?

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Let me know,
Dr.Robert