Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi dr. Chip, recently you answered my question... there was

Customer Question

Hi dr. Chip,
recently you answered my question... there was thing with chest pain due to mybe small chest trauma I cuased... it didn't resolve... I would ask follow upqustion if you have any idea...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Hi--what's going on right now?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Here is it... Last time I reported about pain, breathing issues etc... I talked to somebody and she said this might be consistent with acid reflux, so I started taking pantoprazolum for some days, pain is maybe gone, but heaviness in chest is there, and I do not breath as I should.... If I sit in the chair I feel some constriction whihc makes my breathing hard... also, it is my explanation, in the chest are some emotions, so these discomfort in chest makes me very nervous and sad or so...

I had before small epsidodes of reflux, could hiitin myself in chest make acid worse, or maybe could it cause hernia... I also feel as my stomach is raising in chest...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Have you had any studies for reflux?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I had endoscopy 3 yrs ago and just had gastritis.... but I had epsiodes of chest pain and discomfort which wold be resolved with medicine pantoprazolum

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
OK--n0, a blow to the chest wall itself wouldn't exacerbate reflux or cause a hiatal hernia
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Then I have doubts why am I still having symptoms.... I know it can be anxiety.... but I wouldn't ascribe all to it.... it is realy swallowing difficulty and chest discomfort...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Swallowing difficulty?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Yes, some difficulties in throat if I swallow, after I started with light diet I improved, mostly no pain, but symptoms are still there...

Before hit I had same problems for few days and I am sure it was acid, but it was just minor, afterwards it is no any more

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
And you think this couldn't just be anxiety?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Idon't hink so... if I have it diazepam helps certenly, here id todesn't... it seems like acid, but much more intense.... I can be paranoid, but sometimes it proved I was eight, especiallly when I was diagnosed with CIDP, but now I started thinking it can be hernia or acid made worse...

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi dr. Chip,

it seem converation is closed, I don't know can we proceed or ma question is opened to other experts... I would like to end it with you even we have no maybe proper answer, but maybe I will be away for short time

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
I think for the most part it is reflux with a bit of anxiety mixed in
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok, sorry I am late, I was out, one last thing, I had it before, and very mild, is it possible for acid to be that intense, I just cam from out feeling very strong constriction around chest, and like my stomach is going to chest... very discomfortable

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi dr. Chip,

seems you went off line, I just rated your relpy, I had last follow up question, please, if you can, can you let me know. My question was is it usualy to have such intense sensation with acid... I am told by doctor to take pantoprazolum but not how long.... is there any rule how long it should be taken...

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Sorry--I was off--let me know when you're back on
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi dr. Chip,

I asked you one follow up question which maybe I have also answer, however, if you can advise. My question was actualy is it common that acid causes such intense symptoms and it seems pain subsided, but there still remained shortnes of breath, wich makes me nervous... some heaviness in chest, but not painful, just like i brathe difficult... is it actualy consistent with acid, now it is 7days I am taking medicine...

Hope you can advise, my doctor didn't tell me much.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
Reflux can cause intense symptoms but the shortness of breath wouldn't be from that. I think the breathing problem and chest tightness is just anxiety
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Ok, thank you very much.

Z

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 9 months ago.
My pleasure Z