Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have very sore nipples but my breasts dont hurt in any way.

I have very sore nipples but my breasts don't hurt in any way. They only feel heavier and look more full than usual. I have terrible acid reflux to most things I eat. Craving extra salt on everything. I have also had a constant dull ache of a headache for going on four days now. Tylenol has not helped. I've also been somewhat gasy and tired for the past few days. My period isnt due until Oct. 18th and my pms symptoms usually start the week before but not this early. I've not on any birth control and havent been for a year and I have been having unprotected sex with my husband all year and still nothing. Could I be pregnant?

Hello Meagan ,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

When was your last period?
Are your periods regular?
Any significant past medical history?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My last period was the 18th of September through the 22nd.

I am usually very regular. Always comes between the 18 and the 21st at the latest.

No significant past medical history.

I am trying to concieve so I hope all these symptoms mean something.

Hello Meagan,

At the outset, let me say that these can be pregnancy symptoms but these are not sensitive and specific enough to confirm the pregnancy, unfortunately. These can be due to other reasons too, so there is no way we can 100% be sure just by the symptoms and best way is to do a pregnancy test after the 18th once your period does not come. The pregnancy hormones built up sufficiently only after the first missed period, so can be detected by the urine or blood pregnancy test. I can understand your anxiety and curiosity about it but symptoms of pregnancy do have overlapping with the hormone imbalances and other causes. Please read this resource under the heading, "Are you really pregnant?'

I can understand that you expected a sort of yes or no answer for pregnancy but as you can understand this can't be done just on the basis of the symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.