Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I have a small pimple thing on my scrotum. Somewhat painful.

I have a small pimple thing on my scrotum. Somewhat painful. I did go to my primary Dr but forget to mention this sore. He did a exam told me to soak in hot water. This was a few days ago. The pain somewhat subsided but the sore is still there also have a mild ab pain.

Hello Angel,
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Since when is the pimple?
Is there redness or any kind of discharge?
Could you please attach a photo here? This can be done by clicking the paper clip icon. Or you can post the photo to a file sharing site.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I first noticed it about 4 months ago. It goes away then it appears again. Sometimes i notice a small drop of blood or two. Yes i have a photo.

Thanks Angel for further information and photo.

The possibilities of the diagnosis are;

1) Mild grade chronic hair follicle infection; you may apply Betadine solution (available without prescription) twice a day for 5-7 days which may resolve it. If this is not effective, you may need a course of antibiotic.

2) Sebaceous cyst; this is very common on scrotum. If this gets inflamed (pain, tenderness), this may need a removal by minor surgery which is an office procedure.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

I hope that this information is helpful. If you need further information, please just send me a reply asking for clarification. Once you are satisfied, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be credited for assisting you. Thanks again for using this service. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks tried to get the best picture. I thought it was a STD sore.

You are very welcome, Angel.

It does not look like an herpes sore. Herpes sores usually heal in 4 months (though may come back on other place on genitalia) and usually do not bleed.

If you have a history of unsafe sex; you may get a STD screening, just for the precaution.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are most welcome, Angel.