Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Hi I have severe back pain in the bra strap area Im a 38 year

Hi I have severe back pain in the bra strap area I'm a 38 year old man, I also have bad hip pain , I had xrays done in January its possible that I have to have a hip replacement can this cause the severe pain in my upper back
Thank you for your question:

What problems (diagnosis) was given for your hip pain (and possible need for a hip replacement)?

How long have you had this back pain?

Any recent injury?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked my xrays from January and the findings were bilateral degenerative joint desease but nothing for the upper back which can't be found in a x ray l need MRI. I'm also getting very tired and dizzy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also no resent injuryhad this back pain since last October and hip for 2 years

Yes - hip problems can cause back pain in some cases. Any hip (knee or even foot problems) can cause an abnormal posture or gait that can cause or aggravate back pain.

Since you have had this problem this long, and the fact that you are having dizziness with this, suggests the need for an evaluation by your physician ASAP.