Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I Have Been See A Neurologist For About Two Months Now. My

I Have Been See A Neurologist For About Two Months Now. My Symptoms Included Weakness, Numbness In Toes, Fatigue, Hair Loss, Trembling And Occasional Pain Behind My KneeAnd Elbows.I Have Been Out Of Work For Several Weeks Due To Concentration And Memory Issues.
My Doctor Has Done A CT Scan Of My Brain And Noncontrast MRI Of My Brain, Cervical And Thorastic Spine. The Only Thing Fould Was Moderate To Severe Forominal Narrowing And Bulging In My Cervical dspine Due To Lordosis.
He Also Done Alot Of Blood Work And Dx Me With Pernious Anemia And Precribed Nasobol B12 Nasal Spray????? Its Been Due Weeks No And I Have Not Seen Any Improvement. What Shoul I Do Next?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Anthony Bray, MD : Hello!
Anthony Bray, MD : b12 deficiency causes fatigue/ anemia/ peripheral neuropathy symptoms( weakness and numbness if toes would be due to this)
Anthony Bray, MD : certain symptoms sound related to other causes,,, hair loss for example...
Anthony Bray, MD : I would treat the deficiency more aggressively with shots of 1000mcg once a week times two doses then every two weeks times two doses then once a month ...
Anthony Bray, MD : the nasal spray form is ok for maintenance in my opinion but not great to catch you up ...
Anthony Bray, MD : even with aggressive treatment you may expect it to take several months to have full benefit...
Anthony Bray, MD : B12 is connected to both the body's manufacture if red cells in the bone marrow and proper function of the brain and nervous system!!
Anthony Bray, MD : so you do need time and continue of B12 supplement to correct the deficiency!!
Anthony Bray, MD : I hope that this information helps !
Anthony Bray, MD : let me know if you have further questions! I will be happy to get back with you!!
Anthony Bray, MD : if my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. That would be much appreciated! Thank you and best regards!
Anthony Bray, MD : Anthony Bray MD
Customer:

VerY Helpful !

Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience: 14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice