Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

Can the HPV virus cause an itchy rash (in females) that appears

Can the HPV virus cause an itchy rash (in females) that appears anywhere on the body? Often lasting up to 4 months with the rash traveling to different parts of the body.

HPV would not usually cause this.

Instead you must look to other causes for this.

Since you have seen a dermatologist, common causes like allergy and fungus would be more or less ruled out.

One important cause that needs to be ruled out are autoimmune connective tissue disorders. This can often cause such rash.

Discuss with your primary about autoimmune connective disorders. Tests like ANA and CRP are used to rule them out. These tests will help you to come to a diagnosis.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your help.

glad to help.

You now need to give a rating if the answer has satisfied you and you have no more questions.
We are paid only when a positive rating is given.