Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

hi im getting really big cravings for sugar and having trouble

im getting really big cravings for sugar and having trouble forming
a diet plan to get enough fruits and veggies in a day.

could you please help me form one?
Forming an effective diet plan is something that needs careful planning.

The most important is to ensure that you get adequate calories so that your body does not break down its own proteins, and at the same timehave a balanced diet.

The most important step now is to ask your doctor how many calories you should take in a day - your doctor has to give you a figure - this is most important - your next step depends on this.

Once you know the expected number of calories, you can plan your meal.

Small frequent meals are the best as your doctor has advised you.
Fruits and vegetables that you mention are all quite healthy and nutritious - you can plan your diet around these foods itself - then you will have both a diet that you like and that helps you.

The website to which I have given the link below is just about the most extensive site on the web giving the number of calories and nutritional value of almost all possible foods - your foods are included - I checked up on a few.

So now, once you confirm from your doctor how many calories you need to consume in a day - check the foods that you like for their calorie value and then work out how much you can take a day - then break this up into two hourly means and you have your diet plan.

Would mean a couple of hours work but not difficult.

You can also change foods using the calorie counter from the site from time to time.

Work out your diet and stick to it - remember that exercise also is most important.

This is the site:

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thankyou so very much
I will for sure visit the site nd try to get a new diet plan.
Hello Robin,

Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly

I would be honored to be included in your list.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.