Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.

I have been on zoloft for 14 years and in the last few months

I have been on zoloft for 14 years and in the last few months been feeling extremely aggitated, on edge, down, tons of headaches and kinda blue.and dr.tried me on trazadone and it made me feel so groggy I couldn't function for 2 days! We have an extremely busy family of 3 kids and my 2 boys have autism.Cannot afford to be groggy and dizzy!I stopped the trazadone last night.only on it for 2 days and felt like I have been run over by a bus....interested in something to up my moods and energy and not sure if I shouod stop zoloft or add another type of energizing mood booster like an ssri or something.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

You should not stop trazodone cold turkey but can switch over to another drug like fluoxetine (prozac) gradually.

However, you have to talk to your doctor first and request for a change of medicine.

All SSRI will cause grogginess initially and you will gradually get adjusted as the drug gets into your system.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please leave behind a positive feedback if you liked my answer to give credit for my time and expertise. Bonuses are warmly appreciated.