Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I had a very odd episode this morning. I was sitting in my

I had a very odd episode this morning. I was sitting in my car at work flossing after breakfast and suddenly the tip of my tongue went numb. The numbness then spread throughout the rest of my body. It was kind of like I was going to pass out but my eyes did not have the black closing feeling that normally happens when you pass out. I entered the building and I ate some protein yogurt in fear that maybe I just needed protein, but then the feeling came back. However it started in the back of my tongue that time. This was at approximately 10 a.m. And I am still feeling quite odd. What is happening to me?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have any known medical illness?
Have you checked your blood pressure?
Is there headache,vertigo/dizziness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have no illnesses. my blood pressure is normal. there is no headache or dizziness. i also have not skipped any meals and idrink plenty of water.

Dear Jillian
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms of odd episode you have described can be due to various causes.Most common are: changes in blood pressure,nerve root compression,transient ischemic attack(TIA),stroke,labyrinthitis or Meniere's disease.

Also this can be due to :Underactive thyroid,abnormal levels of calcium, potassium, or sodium in your body,lack of vitamin B12.

As this symptom is not very specific to make any diagnosis as tests & examination are required to know exactly.

You need following tests:

-Thyroid hormone check up
-CT scan head
-Nerve conduction studies,
-Certain blood tests,

Take tab. meclizine hydrochloride(brand name: Dramamine).This will help you greatly.It is available as over the counter without prescription.

If still the symptoms persists,then you need to go to ER doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.If you have any other questions,please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles