Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I let someone perform oral on me. I have had burning and

I let someone perform oral sex on me. I have had burning and sensation in my penis upon urination and frequent urge for urination ever since. There is no pus discharger whatsoever. What do you think could be causing these symptoms?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 9 months ago.
Hello
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

When was oral sex done?
Have you undergone any tests so far?
Do you have any known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

The oral sex happened 10 days ago. I have not been tested. Yesterday, I did take 500 mg cipro and 1000 mg zithromycin, because I am a dentist and had the medication available. However, the burning is still with me today. I

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you are having can be due to urinary tract infection(UTI).The culprit in at least 90% of uncomplicated urinary tract infections(UTI) is a type of bacteria called Escherichia coli, better know as E. coli.However, many other bacteria can occasionally cause an infection.

Another possibility can be of urethritis.Urethritis means inflammation of urethra and can be the result of infectious or non-infectious causes but is primarily a sexually acquired disease.

You need complete urine examination along with urine culture (clean catch) to know the exact bacteria & then take the treatment accordingly.Antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.

As you are a dentist & you have already taken antibiotics-500 mg cipro and 1000 mg azithromycin,this will provide you great relief.It takes 36-48 hours for oral antibiotics to show its affects.

If still after this the symptoms persists,then you need following tests:

-Urine complete examination
-Urine culture & sensitivity test
-STD testing

So I advice you to wait for 48 hours(from taking the antibiotics),so as to see the affect of these medications.If the symptoms does not get relieved then you need to consult urologist for these tests & examination to know the underlying cause & hence the treatment accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

How long does it normally take for the burning to resolve after taking the antibiotics? Also, is it unusual not to have any pussy exudate?

Dear customer:
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

It takes 36-48 hours for the antibiotics to show its affect & resolve the symptoms.

Yes,it is quite common that you do not have the visible pus in urine but there may be pus cells in the urine that can be visible only by microscope when you will have urine examination.

Following will further help you in recovery speedily:

-Make this at home: add 1 teaspoon baking soda to a glass of water as it may help ease your infection. The soda neutralizes the acidity in your urine, speeding along your recovery.

-Drink plenty of fluids.

-Drink either unsweetened blueberry juice or unsweetened cranberry juice.

-Try to drink at least 2 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice a day.

Hope this helped

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thanks for the info. I have two last question:

1, As I mentioned, yesterday I took Cipro 500 mg and Azithromycin 1000 mg. Should I take Cefixime 400 mg, just in case?

2. Is the injection of Ceftrizaxone necessary?

Dear customer,
I am happy to help you further.

I can understand your concern & because you are dentist but dear sir,it is against law to prescribe medications online over internet without physically seeing & examination of patient. Hope you understand.

As you have already taken Cipro 500 mg and Azithromycin 1000 mg,both are broad spectrum antibiotics,I think you should wait for upto 48 hours to see its affect & there is no need for now to add another antibiotic like cefixime or Ceftrizaxone.

So botXXXXX XXXXXne is that you can continue with Cipro 500 mg and Azithromycin 1000 mg & wait upto atleast 48 hours(from taking the medication) to see its affect.

And please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

I agree with you. But I'm confused when you say I can "continue with the Azithromycin and Cipro", as I thought this protocol was a one time dose.

Dear customer,
Sorry for the confusion.I am happy to help you further.

I mean that you need to continue to watch the affect of Azithromycin and Ciprofloxacin.

Yes although this is complete protocol regimen.Another dose after few days may be required accordingly or urine examination & other tests will be required & after the tests final decision can be taken.

So for now I advice you that you wait & watch to see the affect of these antibiotics.

Also please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need.

Thank you! XXXXX
Dr. Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist