Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

hello I have been feeling light headed for about 2 weeks now

hello I have been feeling light headed for about 2 weeks now and very warm. I thought maybe my blood sugar was low so I have modified my diet with no luck. not sure what is going on but it is starting to make me worry
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Are you diabetic or hypertensive?

Did you check your blood sugar and blood pressure when you felt light headed?

I am still available online to respond after you answer my query / queries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I have not checked it but was not sure if I should make a docts appointment or not. I thought it was related to stress so I started taking Valerian Root 450 mg with no luck but it is almost to the point that I find myself walking sideways in order to keep my composer. It is really beginning to worry me. about 6 months ago a urine test was taken to see if there was glucose in my urine and there was not so they said that I was not diabetic

Thanks for getting back to me , Angie.

Diabetes is not diagnosed based on the presence or absence of sugar in urine but rather by its blood level.

You should get your fasting and post prandial / after meal blood sugar tested now to accurately diagnose diabetes.

You should also check your blood pressure: both low BP as well as exteremly high BP can cause dizziness.

Other possibility is dehydration, metabolic imbalances. But these possibilities should be checked out after you have excluded abnormal blood sugar and blood pressure.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please leave behind a positive feedback if you liked my answer to give credit for my time and expertise. Bonuses are warmly appreciated.