Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

HI I ran into a question on here that I have a similar problem

HI I ran into a question on here that I have a similar problem where my butthole feels like it is leaking when I walk or sit but when I check I cant really find anything

Chris C. :

Hello! I will be assisting you today. Do you ever have any anal leakage? Do you have normal bowel movements and what color are they?

Chris C. :

Can you see my reply?

Customer:

It feels like I have leakage but I can't really find much when I wipe and what I do find seems clear. I seem to have diahreaa a lot

Chris C. :

What type of diet do you have? (What type of foods?)

Customer:

Its an ok diet not consistently healthy I eat some junk food

Customer:

some fast food

Chris C. :

Do you eat a lot of fatty food?

Customer:

ya

Chris C. :

That is one of the most common causes of this feeling. The fatty food causes an increase of mucus and fluid in the stool and causes diarrhea with a sense of urgency/leakage.

Customer:

ya it seems in the morning I tend to feel it the most like I have to go to the bathroom

Chris C. :

A diet lower in fatty foods (especially fast food like Mc Donalds) and an increase in fiber eith through eating more fruits, vegetables, salads, etc. or adding a fiber supplement like metamucil.

Chris C. :

This will cause more consistent stools that are properly formed and not loose.

Customer:

what about grains should I avoid those do you think?

Chris C. :

No you were tested for celiac and were negative so there is no reason to avoid grains.

Customer:

ok, well I'll give that a try, thanks for your input and help

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Thanks for your question. Please rate before you leave so I get credit for my time.