Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.
66637759

I recently noticed about 3 very small bumps on the head of

I recently noticed about 3 very small bumps on the head of my penis about 2 days ago. They do not itch and are pink. I had a sexual encounter about 3+ months ago but it was not intercourse. Manual stimulation with saliva used as a lubricant. Should I be worried about this being herpes, warts or some other std?

Chris C. :

Hello! I will be assisting you this evening.

Chris C. :

Did you have any open areas on the penis (cuts, sores, etc)?

Chris C. :

Was this encounter with a sex worker?

Chris C. :

Was the saliva your or hers/his?

Customer:

No cuts or sores. It was a stripper and the saliva was hers.

Chris C. :

No oral was involved correct?

Customer:

No just a handjob with her spit as lubricant.

Chris C. :

Given the time that has lapsed since this encounter and the fact that only manual hand stimulation was used there is no chance of std transmission. If there were open areas on the penis and if she had herpes with open sores the chances of the saliva transmitting herpes would only be around 5%. So this did not in any way transmit an std to you. This also is the same for the other typical stds and hiv.

Chris C. :

In most cases there has to be blood to blood contact normally via cuts, open sores, etc.

Chris C. :

This enoc**ter did not give you any std.

Customer:

Is it possible to have those bumps appear for no reason?

Chris C. :

Yes. This is not uncommon and normally resolve without any medical intervention. These can be caused by heat in the area this time of year especially with the high moisture content. It can also be caused by simple bacteria.

Customer:

Thank you for your time.

Chris C. :

Both of these can be resolved by wearing boxers if possible, cleaning the area often with a non fragrance soap, and keeping the area dry. Products like gold bonds or other powders are all about the same.

Customer:

Also I am uncircumcised. Can this contribute?

Chris C. :

This would contribute to the moisture in the area and heat too.

Chris C. :

Just keep it clean and dry and it should resolve on it's own with no complications.

Chris C. :

You are very welcome! Thanks for using Just Answer and please rate before you leave today.

Customer:

I'm sorry one more question. It is not warts either right?

Chris C. :

No warts would not live in the saliva at a high enough percentage for the saliva to cause transmission. Also, with no open areas on the penis there is no point of entry for any viruses including warts.