Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

My abdomen is as distended and tight as a 8 mos pregnant woman!

My abdomen is as distended and tight as a 8 mos pregnant woman! And just as uncomfortable. I have no pain unless pressed, and is tender in the right upper quadrant.
I am 55 and have MS as well. My CT showed hepatic duct dilation but I have normal liver enzymes. The Doctor prescribed Pepcid to see if that would help with bloating.
Question/ Could this be part of MS. I have heard of the MS Hug.No one can give me the real cause of this bloating. I have tried going gluten and dairy free for 2 weeks as well as rocking in a rocking chair.
Do you have any suggestions for any relief???
Do you have your gallbladder in?
When they did the CT scan, did they mention any dilated bowel?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They did CT yesterday. No mention of dilated bowel.

do you have a gallbladder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

gallbladder out 10 years ago

Thanks
Well, it sounds like you have a lot of bloating secondary to gas. Because anything big and bad would have been seen on CT scan- like fluid or a mass

You can eat a low gas diet:
http://www.puristat.com/bloating/anti-flatulence-diet-plan.aspx

I would also suggest
Gas-ex or beano

This is not the MS Hug- that is a particular neurologic pain. It does not cause bloating.

Here is a link for some particular exercises to reduce bloating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxdaveXPemc

I hope that this helped
please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it normal to be twice as bad as night??

It hurts my back and it gets hard to breathe.

yes it can be worse at night because during the day the movement of your body helps move gas and material through the bowel.

I hope that this helped
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have a hernia that is right in the middle of my distention. I was told by a surgeon it would make a huge scar for removal and I could not lift after procedure or it could come back.

Would it have shown up on scan?? Would it show up if it were getting way big or something? Could that contiribute to the bloating??

If you had something which was making you bloated, other than gas, they would tell you
As well a hernia which could cause similar bloating like a bowel obstruction would have shown up.