Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

Hi dr chip I am a 28 yr old female experiencing pain in

Hi dr chip

I am a 28 yr old female experiencing pain in my lower right belly. I had a complete hysterectomy in 2010 due to endometriosis. My belly has been extremely bloated the last 2 days as well. I have felt extremely ill the last 3 days today being the worst with vomiting and nausea. When I used the restroom about 30 minutes ago my stool was extremely dark. Almost black, very fowl smelling, and very thick. Should I be concerned? My pain is mild-moderate with episodic moments where its severe.
Hi. Any possibility this is related to something you ate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not that I know of. I have had no appetite since sunday afternoon.

Stephanie--have you ever had something like this before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not to this extent. The pain is very similar to the pain I had before my hysterectomy. Just more intense.

OK. I can't be sure here but it sounds like you probably have a viral gastroenteritis that should resolve itself in another few days. That said, if your stools are truly black, you may have a bleeding peptic ulcer so you should see your doctor and get a stool sample and a screen for H pylori--the so-called ulcer bug--just to be on the safe side