Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Exercise heart rate

Hi. I've gone to about 5 Zumba classes and I noticed last week my heart was really beating. I have been jogging for about 6 months but Zumba really gets it going. I'm not experiencing any discomfort. It is in the 140 range. Is that dangerous?
Did you feel any shortness of breath,heaviness in chest while doing Zumba classes?
Any other medical illness like Diabetes,Hypertension?
Are you taking any medicines?
Do you feel such fast heart rate after rest as well?
Excessive sweating,nausea?

Thanks dear.
Hi--sorry but I was off when you posted this. Let me know when you're back on line and we'll talk
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I'm here - no shortness of breath, I am breathing harder, but I'm able to catch my breath. No heaviness in chest, no illnesses. No, my heart rate on the drive home goes down pretty quickly. My resting heart rate is consistently below 66.

Thanks!

So this is only happening after the Zumba?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pretty much - sometimes when I'm climbing hills walking or increase incline on treadmill. Maybe I'm just working hard!

OK. Nothing wrong with a rate of 140 since that actually is about your target heart rate for your age and exercise. Sounds like your just getting good and effective results from the Zumba
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Perfect! I was just making sure - I am covered in sweat when I'm done - it's an hour class.

Thank you so much, you're terrific!

Always my pleasure