Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I am 42 yrs old suffering from athlete foot case, that

I am 42 yrs old suffering from chronic athlete foot case, that developed into dicoloration and thickening of 3 of my toe nails. I have been diagnosed with moderate fatty liver. I have eleveated liver enzyme (2 times higher than the normal level. A week ago two red shiny dry pummps (0.5 cm diameter and about 0.2 cm thick) on my penis head. Is that fungal infection? Can I take oral anti fungal medicine, and if yes, what is it?
Well liver damage is a relative contraindication for all the oral antifungal medicines, namely - terbinafine, itraconazole, fluconazole and ketoconazole.
However of these terbinafine is relatively safely even with moderately deranged liver function and can be used unless the ALT/AST/ALP are > 4 times the upper limit.
Your LFT will have to be monitored weekly or at least biweekly though.
Apart from this,if you have history of unprotected sex then such pimples can be associated with STD which should be ruled out in your case.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.