Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

l need to lose 60 lbs to get to a healthy weight. I HAVE LOST

l need to lose 60 lbs to get to a healthy weight. I HAVE LOST 18 lbs with diet and walking but have been stuck at the same weight for four months. Where can I get a short term prescription for phentermine to help me jump start my next weight loss phase? Thank you. John 59 year old man in very good health.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer/Pearl today.

In order to get a prescription for Phentermine you will need to see a physician. (Unfortunately, our JustAnswer physicians cannot prescribe any medication, we are a consultation and educational service only)

If you are indeed healthy though, you should be able to obtain a prescription from you doctor. Conditions that could (but not always) prevent a doctor from writing you a prescription for Phentermine include: high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, hyperthyroidism, diabetes, glaucoma, or a history of drug abuse. If you don't have a doctor that you have been seeing regularly, they may need to run a few simple test to rule out any of these conditions before prescribing the medication to you.

If you are having difficulty with losing weight even though you have been exercising and have decreased your caloric intake, it will be important for you to be evaluated for diabetes and hypothyroidism, two conditions that can make it more difficult to lose weight. So seeing a doctor would be a smart choice for you regardless of whether you decide to start Phentermine.

I hope this answers your question. Please do write back to this post if you have further questions.

Thank you