Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

hello im a bit paranoid over hepatits c transmission and currently

hello
im a bit paranoid over hepatits c transmission and currently in very bad mood. 1 month ago i was in a hotel in turkey then i saw a blood spot (dried) on bed sheet and i start scrapping it with my nail and the same time i unroof a pimple..is it possible the dried blood transmit the hcv?
please help:(
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.
I can understand your concern for this issue.

Well, According to studies, hepatitis C virus can survive on environmental surfaces outside the body at room temperature for at least 16 hours.

The hepatitis C virus can be a source of infection if there is
blood-to-blood contact within above mentioned time period.

As per your description, you have scrapped a dried blood spot in bed sheet in hotel. It is not clear, that how long back, was it
(dry blood) present on this bed sheet. As it was dry, so i would not panic.

Though chances of getting hepatitis c by this way are very very slim.

I can understand, that you had unroof a pimple by this act, But as such in practical cases, chances of getting hepatitis c by this way are near to zero.

You should just relax, and avoid taking stress, that you have been infected through dry blood.
Please don't get stressed, that you have got hep c by that incident.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your response....since i was playing with that pimple with the same finger and the dried blood particle was visible i thought that the dried blood could get through the blood stream...so there is no risk? holding breath rightnow

Dear customer, I understand your stressful situation.

To be honest with you, Chances of getting serious infection like hepatitis c through dry blood are very very slim. I would not panic, that you have developed any such serious issue.
There is no risk, that dry blood could carry such virus, and has entered your body.
No need to take stress. You are absolutely fine and healthy.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you so much Dr......so muchhhh

Dear, Most Welcome. I appreciate your words.

Thank you for using this service.