Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Hi. I was carrying a really heavy box (BAD idea) about 4

Hi.

I was carrying a really heavy box (BAD idea) about 4 weeks ago. I had shoulder surgery on my left shoulder in June, 2012. It needs strengthening still. When I was carrying the box, the weight of it nearly caused my shoulder to give out and nearly made me drop it. I shifted ALL of the weight into my right arm, and ever since that incident, my right elbow has been in pain - mainly when I'm straightening it, although sometimes it does hurt when I'm bending it. What happened?

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

You likely strained a muscle or a tendon

Dr. Brims :

Any swelling?

Customer:

some, I think

Dr. Brims :

What have you tried so far?

Dr. Brims :

Are you there?

Dr. Brims :

Hello?

Customer:

Is it working now?

Dr. Brims :

I can see your replies

Dr. Brims :

Can you see mine?

Customer:

The last thing I saw was "What have you tried so far?"

Dr. Brims :

Yes, and I never saw your reply

Customer:

Ok. I said that I can't take advil because I take blood thinners. And I've tried to not carry anything with that arm...but that's about the extent of what I've done.

Dr. Brims :

I see, then you may have to see your doctor to prescribe celebrex, it does not cause bleeding like advil, or you can wait another 4 weeks , avoid carrying anything with the arm and see if it heals on its own by then

Customer:

Okay.

Customer:

If I have a completely unreleated question about a different health topic, do I have to ask a new question?

Dr. Brims :

Yes, in that case a new question must be asked, sorry these are the website rules

Customer:

No it's fine...just didn't know.

Customer:

Thanks for the help!

Dr. Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have questions and another topic, I am happy to help, you may request me "Dr Brims" and I will answer

Customer:

Okay!