Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Hello Doctor 22 days ago, I received unprotected

Hello Doctor
22 days ago, I received unprotected fellatio from an Asian CSW for 3-5 minutes. I didn't notice any blood or anything unusual during this. So far I haven't had any symptoms at all. I'm aware of all the bacterial infections possible, although low risk. What worries me is the viral ones- herpes I feel I was lucky enough to dodge as no symptoms so far. What worries me is hepatitis, in particular hep C. I'm vaccinated for hep B (surface anti b > 100 in 2009). I understand HIV risk is also almost zero. I must say I am worried about HepC. Please advice me on whether I need to get tested for hepatitis C. Many thanks

There are no known cases of HCV being transmitted through oral sex on a man (fellatio). However, it is theoretically possible that the virus could be transmitted this way if a person has mouth sores, bleeding gums, or a throat infection.
As you describe if there is no blood to blood contact as you describe chances of transmission are less likely.
Window period for Hepatitis C is 2 weeks to 6 months.
So you should get a test now and repeat the test after 6 months.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You mean I should get the hepC antibody test now? Because I can't find a place which would do a HepC RNA around where I live.

Usually by PCR test it is detected early at about 2 weeks from exposure.
But by antibody test it may take 6-10 weeks for formation of antibodies.
So if you want to go for a ELISA test you should wait for 10 weeks.
Repeat test at 6 months post exposure is advised.