Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

I experienced a difficult bowel movement and noticed later

I experienced a difficult bowel movement and noticed later that day that I was experiencing discomfort and pain in one small area of my lower abdomen. At first I thought I might be getting a bladder infection but I do not have any pain or burning upon urination. I sit at a desk all day and I noticed the next day that my back legs right under my butt were sore every time I rose from my chair. The pain in my lower pelvic area came and went but was felt more along with soreness in my butt when on the toilet. Did I perhaps pull a muscle or something?

Dr. Brims :

Hello, welcome to the site! My name isXXXXX will try to assist you with your medical question and any medical information you seek.

Dr. Brims :

I'm sorry to hear about this

Dr. Brims :

When you rise from a seated position you feel more pain?

Customer: When I was at work but not at home tonight.
Dr. Brims :

Is anything making it hurt tonight or have you been pain free tonight?

Dr. Brims :

Are you there?

Customer: While I was doing chores around the house it hurt. It's a very localized pain in a very small area at the very lower center part of my pelvis. It is not hurting me now. However when I have to urinate or have a bowel movement I can feel an ache not only in that area but also in my buttocks
Dr. Brims :

I see, the most likely cause is a pelvic muscle strain which will cause pain during urination and bowel movements

Dr. Brims :

It may respond to an anti-inflammatory like motrin or aleve

Dr. Brims :

Usually they take 1-2 weeks to heal at least

Customer: Is it common for the pelvic pain to continue for awhile after urination or physical activity? It isn't a constant pain - it's more like a pulsating weird pain but it does ease up or stop after awhile
Dr. Brims :

Yes, it is common, the muscles will sting for some time after they are used

Customer: Ok. Thank you very much. Have a good night
Dr. Brims :

You're very welcome

Dr. Brims :

If you have any other questions I will be happy to help, you may request me