A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Hi. I have a bit from rough sex. Its been a day since,

Hi. I have a bit nipple from rough sex. It's been a day since, but I recently started feeling pain again. When I looked, I think it's healing because it's starting to make a scab. Is there anything I should be worried about Infection wise, cancer wise, or std wise?

Answers provided are for informational use only and don't confer patient-provider relationship. My name isXXXXX and I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

The only real concern is infection. You should keep the area clean and apply an antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin daily. STDs and cancer are not a concern. If there is discomfort, you can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and use an ice pack for 10-15 minutes several times a day. Don't apply an ice bag directly to the breast, but wrap it in a towel.

Please let me know if you have questions.

All the best,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The only thing close to an antibiotic is vagisil and amoxicillin.. which is better?

Vagisil isn't an antibiotic and amoxicillin (if you mean the oral tablet) isn't necessary. I was referring to the antibiotic ointment Neosporin, or Bacitracin. If you don't have either on hand, you can just apply Vaseline, Aquaphor or other emollient cream (even the Vagisil) until you go to the drug store.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~