Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I am now starting to panic. If a doctor answers this question

I am now starting to panic. If a doctor answers this question that i have already talked to i do apoligize. For new docs, i had a ct scan 2 weeks ago and it came back normal. However, i have had nothing but light brown, yellow, tans stool for almost 2 weeks. Sometimes its normal color but that has been rare. Stools today are becoming loose and im feeling nauseated. What should i do?
Hi--I can't access your previous questions but haven't we talked before?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. This is mike dr.chip. Im very scared something is wrong.
Hi Mike. Sorry to ask but tell me if you've had stool samples and other studies to look at this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No i have not. Just continue to be that color even after all my tests. This morning i felt nauseous when i woke up. I just had lunch and felt full early. Then i went to the bathroom and had loose stool. I cant get out of my mind that something is wrong.
OK--are we back to the cancer fear Mike?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes doctor. I had another dr tell me that mri's are better than cat scans. She also said that even though i cut back on carbs, losing 15 pounds was too much. She said that im not absorbing fats due to possible pancreatic problem. I told her i had all these tests. Now im experience nausea, very minor pain on my left side and my stools just arent going back to normal.
Do you understand Mike that it would take a very large pancreatic tumor to affect the digestive properties of the pancreas to cause your symptoms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im trying to understand that. But what else could be possibly be causing these symptoms? If im not absorbing fats, what could be causing this?
You could have pancreatic insufficiency but that's usually only seen with chronic pancreatitis. You might have celiac disorder. Or, most likely, you have an H pylori infection in the stomach. But certainly not cancer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im just having a hard time going on with life. This is all i think about. And i would still have off and on light stool like this even when i wasnt eating alot of carbs and fried foods. Can someone just develop celiac?
Yes they can but as I said, I'd go with the H pylori first. Mike--just get this checked out. I'd send you to a gastroenterologist for blood work and upper and lower endoscopy. This could also be just irritable bowel syndrome but I assure you cancer isn't in my differential here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was tested for h plyori last year and already had a colon and endo. I just dont understand whats wrong with me. I wanna stop thinking i have a serious problem but i cant get any reassurance.
Just get checked out again Mike. It could just be IBS