Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

for dr. arun phophalia: hi doctor, i just want to say thank

for dr. arun phophalia: hi doctor, i just want to say thank you. you have been very helpful to me. im still having issues and was told by another dr. on this site that they believe something could be wrong, that an MRI is better than a CT. what should i do? they also think that losing 15 pounds, even though cutting carbs from my diet is too much.
Hello and welcome Mike.

Are you still worried about your ear pain, cheek and jaw tenderness, neck and shoulder pain?
Did you get a CT scan?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, i know that is from my TMJ. Im worried about my stool still being light brown/tan. Im not putting on weight ethier, but im not losing weight. Im eating alot of friend and fat foods now as well. I have the CT scan earlier for my pancreas and such, but we have talked about this. This other doc says that my body isnt absorbing fats and that its possible things are being missed.

Hello Mike,

Let me at the outset tell you that your symptoms are not likely due to anything serious. Still for resolving your anxiety, you may get a stool test for total fat. This tells about the pancreas function which is responsible for the digestion and absorption of the fats in the intestines and also point to the cause and persistence of color change of your stool. Not gaining weight can occur due to lot of anxiety. Anxiety increases the body hormones which in turn increases the basal metabolic rate and thus one is unable to gain weight. MRI is not necessarily better than CT scan in many abdominal conditions. And once CT scan comes out to be normal; chance of missing out anything serious or significant is highly unlikely with your symptoms.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you think i need a stool test? Im just dont know what to think anymore. The worst part of all this is that i cant find anyway to go on with my life. All i do is worry.

Mike,

No, I do not think you need a stool test, as a matter of fact. Because I feel that it would come out to be normal. But because I thought that a normal test report would do some good to your anxiety, I mentioned it. I would strongly advice to not search and look for the causes of your minor and subtle symptoms, which can cause havoc with your health.

Please relax, there is nothing serious or significant going on, apart from your anxiety. Believe on your doctor for your health. They are always more cautious than the lay man.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I once again appreciate you talking with me. Thank you.

You are most welcome, Mike.

Best regards