Charogat
Charogat, Doctor
Experience:  Licensed in both NYS and NJ with experience in surgery and medicine.
16403115

Ive been going through some severe harassment and believe

I've been going through some severe harassment and believe I may have ingested some food which was poisoned by one of the persons. I made homemade tortilla soup of which I ate 2 previous times, had an illegal entry into my home and on the third time I ate the soup, I've had extreme dizziness and when I lay down my whole bed seems to go in circles and everytime I sit up. I'm very pale, very thirsty, blood pressure elevated as well as heart rate. I don't have health care, but it's been about three days and the symptoms are not going away. I also got a face rash around my right eye.

Charogat :

Charogat :

Thank you for coming to this site with your question.

Charogat :

I will only be on the computer for about 15 minutes more, so I will wait to see if you come back online. After that I will release this question for one of my colleagues to answer.

Charogat :

Have you eaten the soup more than once?

Charogat :

(After the time you think made you sick?

Customer:

I ate the soup two times prior to the third time and no problems, I had an illegal entry into home and evidence was stolen and

Customer:

On the third time, I got the symptoms. Dizziness, start to walk sideways, bad pain in head, bed spinning around on lying down, high blood pressure

Charogat :

Is there any soup that you can have tested?

Customer:

168/over 98

Charogat :

Also, there are tests that could be run on your blood and/or hair (with time) that will show if there were toxins that you ingested.

Charogat :

More importantly for right now, your BP is very high and needs to be checked out.

Charogat :

It sounds like you are really going through a very hard time :(

Charogat :

One of the very confusing things about your story is the fact that usually laying down relieves symptoms of dizziness as opposed to causing it.

Customer:

Yes, I have a lot left. On the hair, do I need to pull roots? Can a regualr clinic send off the hair for test?

Charogat :

An inner ear infection would cause dizziness in many positions, but not your other symptoms.

Charogat :

The first thing that you should do is call your local health department (or if the police are involved in the break-in you can ask them if they can help) and have the soup tested for any toxins.

Charogat :

The hair might still be a bit early. It would need to come from the roots, but I'm not sure it would show up after only a few days. I'd have to look into that. But the much better way to find out about it is by testing the soup - which is what is getting you sick.

Charogat :

It was very smart of you not to throw it out when you realized you were feeling bad!!!!!!

Customer:

Given what's going on I do not think it is the ears, but I could have them checked out. Ok, I will do that and get a appointment, Everything is harder when you have no health insurance or a job.

Charogat :

I know :( I wish I could do something to help with that issue :(

Charogat :

If you have no income then I hope you can apply for medicaid

Customer:

Thank you so for your advice.

I'm hoping that you are feeling better by now, and have found some answers as to what had been going on.
G-d Bless