Robert Fernando
Robert Fernando, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

Hello I have a red fleshy lump inside the entrance to my

Hello

I have a red fleshy lump inside the entrance to my urethra (I'm male!) and poking our a bit through the hole.

Before I discovered this, my wife had been to the doctor with a fleshy lump at the back of her throat - which the doctor said was probably related to the stomach bug she picked up on holiday.

I too got that tummy bug, but a few days after we got back. My wife gave me oral sex both on holiday and after our return. Is it possible my penis has simply picked up the virus from the lump in her mouth - or is it genital warts?

thanks

Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Is lump painful to touch? Pain during urination?
Are you suffering from any medical condition or on any medication ?
Do you have any penile discharge?
Is it something you can see from the outside or is it something you feel along the shaft of the penis?
Is your wife suffering from any STD? Did you had unprotected vaginal sex at that time?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi

It's not painful to touch.

No medical condition other than the stomach bug I mentioned.

No discharge

Its inside the entrance to the urethra. Slight visible at the opening but most of the mass is is only visible when you pull the hole open. Can't feel any discomfort at all.

My wife does not have an STD (as far as I know) and yes I has unprotected sex (vaginal and oral)

thanks

Dear XXXXX, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort.

Well, as per your description- Red fleshy growths or bumps, can be indicative of Genital warts. They are caused by the human papillomavirus.

Genital warts look like, Flesh-colored spots that are raised or flat.
To Diagnose Genital warts doctor may apply an acetic acid solution to genitals to whiten any warts.

Other Possibility is Furunculosis.
Infection of hair follicles in that area can give rise to similar symptoms like what you have, but it is usually painful and itchy,

Genital warts must be treated by a doctor.

Genital warts are to be treated with prescription medications by a doctor.
Doctor prescribe these medications-

•Imiquimod (Aldara)
•Podophyllin and podofilox (Condylox)
•Trichloroacetic acid (TCA)
These are the special chemicals which can be used to remove the warts.

Also at the same time, it is important that your sexual partners must be examined.
A thorough clinical examination and testing should be done for precise diagnosis.

I would recommend that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks.

I was afraid you would say that. I take it the background I gave you (my wife's mouth / tummy bug) makes no difference to this?

thanks

Dear XXXXX,
I understand your concern.

Sorry to say, but as per your description, these symptoms are indicative of Genital warts.
However, this has to be diagnosed, only after clinical examination.

As such, this doesn't sounds to be related with stomach bug or lump in your wife's mouth.

A clinical diagnosis is necessary for diagnosis.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for this excellent service. I have now booked an appointment.

One further question if I may. I have been married for 9 years and I have not had sex of any kind other than with my wife.

My fear there is that she has been unfaithful, has picked the virus up and passed in on to me. Or is it possible one/both of us could have had at all this time without noticing?

It would be a great help to have your advice on this before I have the difficult conversation. (clearly we both need to be tested)

thanks

Dear XXXXX,

Good to hear that you have booked an appointment with doctor.
Yes, i can understand your fear.

Well, For genital warts, Latency periods of many months or even years have been reported. Developing genital warts during a long-term relationship does not necessarily imply infidelity.

Yes, any one of you, have caught this infection, without any visible symptoms.

Please get clinical evaluation done from your doctor.

If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.