Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

hi, I visited a worker 2 weeks back and during the act

Customer Question

hi, I visited a sex worker 2 weeks back and during the act the condom broke. Since 1 week i have been experiencing pain in my testicles & now the testicles are burning. I am not having any kind of discharge. I went to a urologist before the burning started and he suggested blood test & urine culture for a UTI. The reports for the urine culture were Negative.

I want to know are these the symptoms of gonorrhea or chlamydia. Please do help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hi--did the doctor examine your testicles and your prostate gland manually?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The doctor examined my testicle manually and confirmed there were no fluid and it was not swollen. It looked clean but post the doctors examination which was 3 days back, I have been experiencing burning sensation on my testicles as well as on my penis.

I am not sure if he also examined my prostate gland.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Are your testicles actually tender to the touch Nadeem? The prostate exam involves putting a finger up your rectum
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No the doctor didn't perform a prostate exam.

The testicles are not sore to touch, even when they are paining. The pain comes and goes and the burning sensation has started today and has been there constant throughout the day.

Additional info: I have been constantly looking for sign of swelling, blisters, discharges or any kind of rashes but none so far.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK Nadeem this sounds like neither gonorrhea nor chlamydia bit it does sound like a prostate infection. Not herpes either. You need a manual exam of your prostate and a follow up urinalysis and urine culture but this is likely an E coli infection and not an STD and I would place you on Septra DS twice a day for two weeks to clear it up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have absolutely no burning sensation during urination nor during ejaculation. The burning sensation are just present constantly.

I did a urine analysis & a Urine culture test and 0 pus cell nor any bacteria were found in it. Can you please explain a bit in detail as how it may be a Prostate infection as I am being a little paranoid over the last few days.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--no problem. You don't have to have burning on urination with a prostate infection but the inflamed prostate can refer symptoms like pain and burning to the urethra and to the testicles. Sometimes prostatitis is a little difficult to diagnose the first time around but if your prostate is somewhat enlarged and tender then in my estimation you do have a prostate infection.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Doctor Chip,

I will mostly be getting my prostate examination done tomorrow itself, Should I also get diagnosed for STDs like gonorrhea & chlamydia.

I have been to 100s of website by now looking for symptoms & their causes like mine & have been freaking out since then.

Can you answer in brief as what can be the cause of this prostrate infection and is it completely curable?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I understand completely Nadeem. Of course you should ask to be cultured for gonorrhea and chlamydia but as I said before you're symptoms aren't really consistent with those. I told you before most often this is an E coli infection and that bacterium is a natural inhabitant of the colon. Even men who have never had any sexual activity can get this but with the anitbiotics I mentioned it is completely curable
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks doctor. I am certain I will sleep with ease tonight.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure Nadeem--any time at all