Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

FRIDAY EVENING I NOTICED HAVING PAIN IN MY RIGHT EYE. oN RETIRING

FRIDAY EVENING I NOTICED HAVING PAIN IN MY RIGHT EYE. oN RETIRING FOR BED, I NOTICED SWELLING UNDER MY RIGHT EYE. I TOOK TWO TYLENOL AND WOKE UP SATURDAY WITH THE SWELLING GONE. LATER THAT DAY, THE SWELLING APPEARED AGAIN AND I AM STILL EXPERIENCING DISCOMFORT AND SWELLING UNDER MY RIGHT EYE.

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

This is most likely a result of obstruction to the flow of lacrimal fluid in the affected eye, or due to an infection involving conjuctiva or lacrimal apparatus.

At this point you should keep the affected eye clean.

Wash with clean water 6 times daily.

Use Motrin or Aleve for reduction of ongoing inflammation and hence the swelling.

And can also use topical decongestant containing Nephazoline.

If despite these measures, the problem persist, does not improve or gets worse, see your doctor for a clinical examination and further management as this may eventually require a round of topical antibiotics to cure.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.