Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Hi doctor, I had a problematic encounter four years

Hi doctor,

I had a problematic sexual encounter four years ago, where I wonder if I may have caught HIV. 8 weeks later I went for an HIV test and after a 2 day wait, the results came back negative.

Recently, I went for a general check up, I had a full blood count done on the request of my doctor. The results were all good and all within normal range.

Should I be concerned about HIV infection ?
I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

Why were your blood counts done?
Do you have any present symptoms?
Was your HIV test repeated later?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was bleeding from the rectrum, and the doc asked me to have a full blood count to determine why I was bleeding.

It was later discovered that I had an anal fisher. I was given a cream with antibiotics and the problem no longer occurs.

I did not go for another test, I did where a condom, although it sat about an inch away from the base. It did not break or come off.

I have no symptoms just anxiety.

Hello John Kali,

Let me at the outset tell you, the protection protects. Since you used condom (the protection), which prevents exchange of body fluids, chance of transmission of HIV infection is practically not possible. And a test for HIV being negative at 2 months further points that there was no transmission. I would not be worried. Please do not be anxious.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.